Friday, March 30, 2012

motivation...

I want to take this opportunity to discuss my relationship with “motivation”. It’s a love-hate thing. We hate each other and love it that way.

Motivation’s cousin, Procrastination, and I still talk. She and I get along pretty well in fact. However, Procrastination and Motivation are like oil and water. When I’m with Motivation, all we do is bitch about Procrastination… When I’m with Procrastination, all we do is badmouth Motivation… It’s actually a vicious circle.

Every now and again, Motivation and I get together, we have a good time and vow to keep our friendship on the up and up. We’ll even go out with Motivation’s step-son (Responsibility) for a few beers. I want to explain something about Responsibility. I’ll admit he’s a nice kid, but he’s a know-it-all to the tenth degree. I can only take that self-righteous bullshit for so long.

Then I’ll get a late-night booty-call from Procrastination. What am I supposed to do? Send her away?

Anyway, she was here yesterday. We had a great time. Spent all day in bed together and never got around to posting another piece to “Harnessing the Spark”. She’s an annoying bitch, but what can I say, I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment